About Me

Hi There! I'm Felicia. I'm a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a mum-to-be, a career person and maybe some might say a entrepreneurial business owner. It’s no accident that I was named Felicia and many who know me would probably tell you I certainly live up to and OWN my name! My concept for this blog is as it says - "BEING" and "HAPPY" because when we are BEING or let things BE, then I would say we're generally pretty HAPPY :) and why not be happy with just being happy? LOVE THAT! I wanted to create a space for myself to be able to express freely and share with the world what inspires me and how I’ve come to create a continuous happy life for myself. You’ll probably learn a great deal about my own life as I blog! Life certainly isn’t perfect and I have for sure had my fair share of downs as well as ups. I do hope to share with you the joy of practising mindfulness, being grateful and loving to create more happiness and flow and perhaps inspire you too! Enjoy!

Friday 31 January 2014

Day 2 - "30 Day Gratitude Challenge"




Day 2
: Today I am grateful for being different - unconventional? - and therefore 
for having the day off to indulge in "Chinese New Year" (Lunar New Year) traditions and festivities.

It's great being a part of two different cultures.  Growing up in Australia, I embrace being an Australian - like hanging out at the beach, but I am also a part of a Chinese heritage, so to fully embrace that - I get to celebrate another New Year!  Essentially I get two 'New Year's' in one year!  How awesome is that?!?

I don't always have the first day of 'Chinese New Year' off, so I'm grateful that it worked out that way. I got to follow some traditions like visiting my parents at their home and had lunch with them and over-indulge in plenty of food!!  It was an extra bonus that my brother and (soon to be) wife happen to be there while I was visiting, but being married now, it's my turn to be giving of red packets instead of receiving - but who doesn't like BEING GIVING anyway? :)

No comments: