About Me

Hi There! I'm Felicia. I'm a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a mum-to-be, a career person and maybe some might say a entrepreneurial business owner. It’s no accident that I was named Felicia and many who know me would probably tell you I certainly live up to and OWN my name! My concept for this blog is as it says - "BEING" and "HAPPY" because when we are BEING or let things BE, then I would say we're generally pretty HAPPY :) and why not be happy with just being happy? LOVE THAT! I wanted to create a space for myself to be able to express freely and share with the world what inspires me and how I’ve come to create a continuous happy life for myself. You’ll probably learn a great deal about my own life as I blog! Life certainly isn’t perfect and I have for sure had my fair share of downs as well as ups. I do hope to share with you the joy of practising mindfulness, being grateful and loving to create more happiness and flow and perhaps inspire you too! Enjoy!

Monday 13 January 2014

Perfectly Imperfect



With each new year, usually comes some sort of 'New Year's resolution', some sort of goal or challenge - it made me wonder why we do this?  Is it because we are (subconsciously) unhappy with the way our lives are already?  Or do we just need a new challenge in life?  Are we striving for perfection?

I'm am one guilty human being when it comes to the topic of perfection!  Along my own life journey, I've come to realise, I used to try to make things in my life 'perfect', I unconsciously AIM for perfection - but WHY?  

I soon came to realise, something my dad used to always say to me when I was growing up, yet little did I know how it would affect me years later playing it out unconsciously as I lived my life. Whether it was the piano lessons, the maths test or whatever it may be, he used to quote "Practice makes Perfect". 

Now that I'm much more aware of what was happening in my little head - I've had to learn (and am still learning) how to UN-DO that.  Because for me, perfect doesn't exist.  We're all beautifully, perfectly IMPERFECT human beings!

Aiming for perfection can create a certain expectation and sometimes if/when we don't reach those expectations, then we get disappointed.  Because when we get to 'perfect', we then go on to try harder to be better than what was, to become even MORE perfect!  Silly isn't it? :)

Why not have your New Year's challenge be aiming for progress? - it's like telling your little subconscious mind, you're happy with loving the journey and not the destination!

No comments: