About Me

Hi There! I'm Felicia. I'm a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a mum-to-be, a career person and maybe some might say a entrepreneurial business owner. It’s no accident that I was named Felicia and many who know me would probably tell you I certainly live up to and OWN my name! My concept for this blog is as it says - "BEING" and "HAPPY" because when we are BEING or let things BE, then I would say we're generally pretty HAPPY :) and why not be happy with just being happy? LOVE THAT! I wanted to create a space for myself to be able to express freely and share with the world what inspires me and how I’ve come to create a continuous happy life for myself. You’ll probably learn a great deal about my own life as I blog! Life certainly isn’t perfect and I have for sure had my fair share of downs as well as ups. I do hope to share with you the joy of practising mindfulness, being grateful and loving to create more happiness and flow and perhaps inspire you too! Enjoy!

Saturday 3 May 2014

Making Room for Your Present & Future



Five weeks ago, I became a mother of a beautiful baby boy! This little human being - this amazing creation - has taught me so much about this quote I found.

Before my son, I had set up some daily rituals that would set me up for my day when I awoke - meditation for my mind, a cup of lemon juice + warm water to alkalise my body and I would write in my gratitude journal for my soul. When he came imto our lives, my once morning 'healthy habits' were thrown out the window! :) As a new mum to a newborn baby, your body goes into a bit of a shock - having to wake up several times a night to feed this precious being and becoming so sleep deprived that you never know what day it is! Particularly in the early weeks...they say your life will never be the same - and that advice is not wrong! ;)

At first, I certainly wasn't used to it all and I was craving for (besides sleep!) some meditation time or to have my warm lemon water first in the morning. I was basically trying to hang on to what I know, rather than discover what could be and embrace what is.

I soon had one of those lightbulb moments! My new son was dependant on me and all he wanted was LOVE! I am his life force (for the moment!) for food, care and cuddles. All I needed to concentrate on was to feed, change nappies and most importantly BOND with my baby - learning to be a mother! It sounds so obvious and simple, but when you're used to being independent and doing everything and achieving everything yourself, it takes a little time to adjust and acknowledge that life had to change - my UNCONSCIOUSNESS had to get it. I had to become more present, more conscious of what new things were happening for me. I've now got a greater awareness of his presence and love every moment even more :)

Ever happened to you? Don't you just love it when things just "click"! You know, when you have that lightbulb moment or Ah-Ha moment?

Once you get that you need to sometimes LET GO of your past or just letting go of what you've always known (ie, re-reading the last chapter/s of your life), you can go on to living the next chapter, full of discovery and adventure! EMBRACE the new chapters ahead and continue living presently - it may be scary but usually exciting as well! :)

No comments: