About Me

Hi There! I'm Felicia. I'm a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a mum-to-be, a career person and maybe some might say a entrepreneurial business owner. It’s no accident that I was named Felicia and many who know me would probably tell you I certainly live up to and OWN my name! My concept for this blog is as it says - "BEING" and "HAPPY" because when we are BEING or let things BE, then I would say we're generally pretty HAPPY :) and why not be happy with just being happy? LOVE THAT! I wanted to create a space for myself to be able to express freely and share with the world what inspires me and how I’ve come to create a continuous happy life for myself. You’ll probably learn a great deal about my own life as I blog! Life certainly isn’t perfect and I have for sure had my fair share of downs as well as ups. I do hope to share with you the joy of practising mindfulness, being grateful and loving to create more happiness and flow and perhaps inspire you too! Enjoy!

Thursday 27 March 2014

The Gift of Sleep and Rest


How this is so true at times! Do you agree?

I had one of these days yesterday - I didn't have the best sleep the night before and I can honestly tell you, I felt very unproductive... I was feeling a bit sluggish all day, I wasn't really comprehending what was going on, everything just felt a bit slower....and before I knew it the end of the day was nearing, not much got done and all I could think of was sleep! 

Of course, I know I'm also in my last few weeks of pregnancy, so its the hormones and its easy enough to point it at "baby brain"! Albeit there be some truth in that but it made me realise how we just sometimes need to listen to our bodies and do what it needs.

When I decided to have an afternoon nap - I know we don't all have the luxury of that (ok, so I'm a lady of leisure at the moment but I am also growing a little human being!) - I suddenly became much more alert when I awoke. There was a shift that went on inside and I also felt my moods change.. Has that ever happen to you? How about on the weekend, after you've had a massive work-week and then a million things to do and catch up with on the weekend, you can feel exhausted, right? Then you choose to have nanna-nap just before getting ready to go out that night and you suddenly have this new burst of energy!!

Have you ever thought that perhaps getting enough sleep or rest might just be what you need to change your mood, perspective and life in general? That your present moment could change and you could feel a whole lot HAPPIER!? Do you sometimes catch yourself and feel proud that you've ticked everything on your to-do list and you were able to so because you had all this energy?! Amazing isn't it? Amazing what a little sleep, rest or relaxation can do, to help you move forward and UPwards! :)

Why not give yourself the gift of sleep this weekend?

No comments: