About Me

Hi There! I'm Felicia. I'm a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a mum-to-be, a career person and maybe some might say a entrepreneurial business owner. It’s no accident that I was named Felicia and many who know me would probably tell you I certainly live up to and OWN my name! My concept for this blog is as it says - "BEING" and "HAPPY" because when we are BEING or let things BE, then I would say we're generally pretty HAPPY :) and why not be happy with just being happy? LOVE THAT! I wanted to create a space for myself to be able to express freely and share with the world what inspires me and how I’ve come to create a continuous happy life for myself. You’ll probably learn a great deal about my own life as I blog! Life certainly isn’t perfect and I have for sure had my fair share of downs as well as ups. I do hope to share with you the joy of practising mindfulness, being grateful and loving to create more happiness and flow and perhaps inspire you too! Enjoy!

Thursday 20 March 2014

International Day of Happiness


There really are so many beautiful reasons to be HAPPY! What is it for you that makes you Happy? 

Today is International Day of Happiness - why not take a moment to reflect and decide what makes you HAPPY? What makes you happy in this moment might be different in another moment - and that's ok!

What about the influence of music? The music you listen to, choose to listen to, have playing in the background - feeding your unconsiousness?  I never really thought about it until a friend of mine, Deb King, who has a passion for music, made me mindful of this one day. And now, I've never been more mindful about this, particularly, as I'm learning how (at this stage in the womb) my baby can be influenced by my state of being and the association of the sounds/music I'm listening to at the time - fascinating stuff!

Have you ever noticed the unconscious influence of the music you might listen to? Either the beat or the lyrics? How it can change your mood and/or put you in a different state of Being?

A chart topper song at the moment "HAPPY" by Pharrell Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGJX9tutZEA) is just one of those songs that's influential and makes me just bop along and all of a sudden, I'm in a much happier state!

Or how about the lyrics of Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror"?

"I'm gonna make a change
For once in my life
It's gonna feel real good
Gonna make a difference...."

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change"



Making a difference in the world might be what makes you Happy! Change all starts with you - so why not choose to change your state of being to a happier one and see what happens for you? Your much Happier you might just be INFECTIOUS! The conscious influence of music.....

Happy Dayz :)

No comments: