About Me

Hi There! I'm Felicia. I'm a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a mum-to-be, a career person and maybe some might say a entrepreneurial business owner. It’s no accident that I was named Felicia and many who know me would probably tell you I certainly live up to and OWN my name! My concept for this blog is as it says - "BEING" and "HAPPY" because when we are BEING or let things BE, then I would say we're generally pretty HAPPY :) and why not be happy with just being happy? LOVE THAT! I wanted to create a space for myself to be able to express freely and share with the world what inspires me and how I’ve come to create a continuous happy life for myself. You’ll probably learn a great deal about my own life as I blog! Life certainly isn’t perfect and I have for sure had my fair share of downs as well as ups. I do hope to share with you the joy of practising mindfulness, being grateful and loving to create more happiness and flow and perhaps inspire you too! Enjoy!

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Change starts with YOU!


I love Gandi's quote - and love being reminded of it!

Whenever I catch myself of my thoughts in a situation or my reaction to a situation or person (you know, when you're being mindful...) - it's good to be reminded of this little quote. Usually if we're feeling a bit frustrated at something or feel that 'wish' that person would change - well guess what?  The only person who can change is YOU!

You've heard of the saying "you can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" - well that applies pretty much all the time if you're wanting someone else to change to suit you - you're probably the one who needs to drink the water! haha...  

All that needs to happen is that you have to acknowledge that YOU have a CHOICE and that choice might be change! Whether that be changing your perspective, being more compassionate, seeing a different angle, showing kindness, being even more grateful than you already are!  

Ever heard of a Chain Reaction? These little shifts is what will start your own chain reaction IN you. One little small step, change or shift is all that you probably need and pretty soon, you're onwards to a happier, healthier You. Pretty soon, others will soon notice the change IN you without you having the need to be noticed.  

All you need to do is just BE who you want to be - wholesome, loving, kind, compassionate, broadminded, appreciate etc. and the rest will follow.  You'll soon see a change in yourself and wondered why you didn't see the goodness in the first place! :)

Be the Change You wish to see in the world.... 

No comments: