About Me

Hi There! I'm Felicia. I'm a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a mum-to-be, a career person and maybe some might say a entrepreneurial business owner. It’s no accident that I was named Felicia and many who know me would probably tell you I certainly live up to and OWN my name! My concept for this blog is as it says - "BEING" and "HAPPY" because when we are BEING or let things BE, then I would say we're generally pretty HAPPY :) and why not be happy with just being happy? LOVE THAT! I wanted to create a space for myself to be able to express freely and share with the world what inspires me and how I’ve come to create a continuous happy life for myself. You’ll probably learn a great deal about my own life as I blog! Life certainly isn’t perfect and I have for sure had my fair share of downs as well as ups. I do hope to share with you the joy of practising mindfulness, being grateful and loving to create more happiness and flow and perhaps inspire you too! Enjoy!

Thursday 10 July 2014

Your Happiness Requires No Excuses




If you don't already know this, I'm going to let you in on a little secret....Happiness is a CHOICE!

Yesterday, I went to mums n bubs yoga at Dharma Shala. It was amazing. Not only did my baby sleep through most of the class an hour and the class is only and hour 15mins!), which allowed me to have focus, intention and space for myself, I had the whole class just to myself! 

Towards the end of the class, the yoga teacher read a paragraph from a book called, Buddhism for Mothers (I'm so going to read this!!). It totally spoke to me - show compassion towards self so that you can show compassion back into the world 

I know, that when I'm my Best Self, I'm a
better person for everyone else. How about You? Is this true for you too? For the past three months I've been giving myself excuses not to continue with my regular meditation or yoga practice. These excuses didn't exactly lead me be my Ultimate HAPPY self (though the house looks much tidier!). I re-realised something. If it's important enough to me, I was going to make it work, somehow, no matter what. And so after that yoga session I finally saw that I have plenty of opportunities to meditate or do a 30min yoga-at-home session (now that my baby is 'growing up' and doing decent length day naps!). No more excuses. 

What excuses are you giving yourself not to be TRUELY Happy? What's stopping you from doing the things that make you happy? Perhaps you're not making your Happiness as important to you as you thought?

When There's A Will, There's  a Way!

How surreal that when we TRUELY desire answers, the Universe will provide it for you. You just need to ask :)

No comments: