About Me

Hi There! I'm Felicia. I'm a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a mum-to-be, a career person and maybe some might say a entrepreneurial business owner. It’s no accident that I was named Felicia and many who know me would probably tell you I certainly live up to and OWN my name! My concept for this blog is as it says - "BEING" and "HAPPY" because when we are BEING or let things BE, then I would say we're generally pretty HAPPY :) and why not be happy with just being happy? LOVE THAT! I wanted to create a space for myself to be able to express freely and share with the world what inspires me and how I’ve come to create a continuous happy life for myself. You’ll probably learn a great deal about my own life as I blog! Life certainly isn’t perfect and I have for sure had my fair share of downs as well as ups. I do hope to share with you the joy of practising mindfulness, being grateful and loving to create more happiness and flow and perhaps inspire you too! Enjoy!

Monday 21 October 2013

Creating rituals


Today is my dad's birthday - Happy Birthday Dad!

This quote was one of the many I would hear my dad mention to me. Perhaps it's one of the reasons I like to find inspirational quotes!

I love waking up early to see the sunrise. It's one if the most favourite parts of my day (and watching the sunset, but I live in the east, so I get the sunrise!). This photo is a photo I actually took on one of my many early morning Bondi walks. 

There is so much truth to this quote, what a clever man Mr. Benjamin Franklin was! 

It is a reminder that we need to be looking after ourselves - it's all about mind, body, spirit. Without our health, then what wealth would we enjoy? 

Be mindful to eat well and fuel your body with lots of nutritious whole foods and cut out all that refined sugar! Not only should one eat well, exercise is important and what many people might struggle with is to get enough sleep! So get to bed early, turn off that iPad, TV, smartphone or anything similar at least an hour before bed. This way you're not overstimulated before bed and you have a better chance of a more restful sleep!

I have to say, I personally am at my best before lunch time. So the earlier I'm up the more time I have to get more done! And the only way I'm up early (not using an alarm clock !) is an early night :)

When we're getting better sleep, our body functions so much better!!! (Such as burning fat or better alertness). Would you cope with stress a whole lot better if you made sure you got a restful sleep?

What time will you be heading to bed tonight? And what night time ritual might you put into place for a more restful sleep?

No comments: