About Me

Hi There! I'm Felicia. I'm a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a mum-to-be, a career person and maybe some might say a entrepreneurial business owner. It’s no accident that I was named Felicia and many who know me would probably tell you I certainly live up to and OWN my name! My concept for this blog is as it says - "BEING" and "HAPPY" because when we are BEING or let things BE, then I would say we're generally pretty HAPPY :) and why not be happy with just being happy? LOVE THAT! I wanted to create a space for myself to be able to express freely and share with the world what inspires me and how I’ve come to create a continuous happy life for myself. You’ll probably learn a great deal about my own life as I blog! Life certainly isn’t perfect and I have for sure had my fair share of downs as well as ups. I do hope to share with you the joy of practising mindfulness, being grateful and loving to create more happiness and flow and perhaps inspire you too! Enjoy!

Friday 18 October 2013

Kindness and Appreciation


How are you feeling this morning?

What small thing will you do to make a shift in your life that might make your day better today, right now, in this very moment? 

We can all do something very small and very simple to improve our lives and our day to give us a different perspective and change it for a more a positive outlook. But have you ever thought about what small thing you can do for others that might make their day? It could be as easy as letting them know how grateful and appreciative you are for them.

What small but certain RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS could you be doing today? You might not know it, but it could totally change their day and allow them to have a better day!

Think of a time when a stranger perhaps did something for you that changed your course for the day.

The other day, I was standing in line to buy a bus ticket and a random elderly man gave me his all day train/bus/ferry ticket, meaning I could use any public transport for free! (To go and pick up keys from my husband). The kindness he presented made a small impact in my day as I was a bit flustered from having locked myself out of the house! 

Perhaps we forget to let someone know how much you appreciate them for what they did or said to make you feel better?

My mother-in-law specifically wrote me an email to let me know how good I looked over FaceTime and how pregnancy was suiting me well. That really meant a lot to me as we don't all feel radiant during pregnancy! Yet I hadn't let her know how much I had appreciated her thoughts. 

So my small act today is to email her back to acknowledge the appreciation I felt. 

I know sometimes all we want to feel is acknowledgment and the knowing we are appreciated by others. 

No comments: